Sunday 9 March 2014

Sunday Chit-Chat

What a beautiful weekend!  The sun was shining and spent some nice time outdoors paying with the dogs and NOT freezing my ass off.  My timing has been a little off due to the time change but it so nice to have supper and it is still light out :)

I am playing along (again) with Carla's chit-chat, and we always start off with a picture.  This is a shot I took of Gala today, doesn't it look like she is giving me stink eye?  Why are you taking pictures?  Let me in, already.....



  • Reading:  I am going to start a new book this week, there are lots on my "to read" list and I haven't decided yet.  I have the entire Shannara series (fantasy) by Terry Brooks, or the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon.  Of course, there are always a few supernatural books in my collection to.
  • Listening to:  I have taken refuge in the basement, it is silent other than the hum of the computer.
  • Watching:  Tonight I have a bunch of laundry to fold so I will probably watch Chopped or Property Brothers that I recorded earlier.
  • Cooking/Baking:  I should really get some bread started, we are out.
  • Happy you accomplished this week:  I am drawing a blank.
  • Looking forward to next week:  I work on Monday but the rest of the week - March break.  Mind you, I have to take Evan to CHEO on two separate days which eats up my relax time.
  • Thankful for today:  Having the money to pay for car repairs.  At least now I feel safe driving to Ottawa with the children in the van.
  • Bonus Question: What was your first job?  I can't remember which I did first. (getting old lol) I pumped gas (and propane) at a gas station.  Yep, checked oil and cleaned windows.  And I worked at a grocery store, both as cashier and deli clerk.
 I created this gorgeous card this weekend.  I used sketch #300 from the Sketch Saturday challenge blog.  I also participated in the following blog challenges:






6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, full of wonderful color! Love the design and that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, colorful card! Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Heidi! Love the bright papers and cute image! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like she's not overly impressed with you... lol!! She is gorgeous though!! I did a tonne of laundry this week as well... it never ends. ;) LOVE that card.. sooo sweet! You *almost* make me want to try scrapping again... almost. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely bright card, love the alpha and the bingo card. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your "Top 5" win at Fussy and Fancy Birthdays!!! Thanks for joining us and hope to see more of your creations!!

    ReplyDelete